Monday, January 19, 2009

Cup Cake Mania !

Baking my favourite cup cake again last weekend. This time I tried to bake pandan flavoured one. The reason why I baked this flavor of cup cake is because i missed the smell of pandan leaf so much ! It's really very aromatic and unforgetable. They are known as 'daun pandan' in Indonesian and Malay; and 斑蘭 (bān lán) in Mandarin. Fresh leaves are typically torn into strips, tied in a knot to facilitate removal, placed in the cooking liquid, then removed at the end of cooking. Dried leaves and bottled extract may be bought in some places. IT's really give a very nice aroma to the dishes !

The last time when i worked on pandan leave extract is last year December when I was trying to make some 'Tang Yuen' (chinese dumpling). Gosh ! But this time i forgot to capture some great photos of it. Will do that next time & I sweared. A recipe without photos similar to nasi lemak (coconut milk rice originated from Malay) without sambal chili (Chili Paste) !


This version of cup cake recipe is adapted from Delicisious Halloween Hooting Owl Cup Cake recipe. But I have replaced the cocoa powder with 'pandan leaf' juice that I extracted from freshly picked pandan leaf from my garden. I have sprinkle some sun flower and pumpkin seeds
on top of it, plus some raisin for each cup.

No comments: